Everyone may have a different reason why they might want to make a Spotify playlist public.
Some people are just proud of their taste in music and just want everyone to listen to the masterpiece of a compilation they have made. Some want the monetization opportunity that opens up because of having popular public Spotify playlists.
Learning how to make Spotify playlist public is the beginning of great Spotify growth. Public Spotify playlists are the only ones that will get you those millions of plays from other Spotify users.
Spotify playlists that are made public will be visible to other Spotify users too. If you want songs on your Spotify playlists to be listened to by everyone on Spotify, make sure your playlist is set to public.
This short read will tackle everything you need to know about making Spotify playlists; how to do it on a PC, Android, and an iPhone.
And when your done, take a look at our other Spotify guides:
- How To Make a Collaborative Playlist on Spotify
- How to Make a Copy of Playlist on Spotify
- How to Make Spotify Playlist Private?
How to Make Spotify Playlists Public
If you plan to monetize your Spotify via promoting playlist plays to artists on the Spotify platform, you will have to make your playlists publicly viewable by everyone.
To make collaborative playlist opportunities with friends, you will also have to know how to make a Spotify playlist public.
There are many ways one can make a Spotify playlist public. This section of the article discusses how you can make a Spotify playlist public by using a desktop PC, an Android mobile device, the Spotify website, or an iPhone.
Here are the different step-by-step guides on how to make a Spotify playlist public:
Make a Spotify playlist public through the Spotify website
- Visit Spotify.com using an internet browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Click on the ‘Your Library’ tab on the left of the screen.
- Locate the Spotify playlist that you want to make public.
- Right-click on the Spotify playlist you wish to make public.
- Choose and click the ‘Add to profile option.’
- The playlist will now appear as public on your Spotify profile.
Make a Spotify playlist public using your desktop PC
- Install the Spotify Desktop app on your PC if you haven’t already done so.
- Open the Spotify app on your desktop.
- Click on the ‘Your Library.’
- Scroll to find the Spotify playlist you want to make public.
- Right-click on the Spotify playlist you wish to be public.
- Click on the ‘make public’ option.
- A notification appears saying that the playlist has now been made public.
Make a Spotify playlist public using your Android device
- Install the Spotify app on your android device if you haven’t already done so.
- Tap on the Spotify app icon on your Android device’s home screen.
- Tap on the ‘Your Library’ tab at the bottom of the Spotify app home screen.
- Scroll and find the Spotify playlist that you wish to make public.
- Tap on the playlist.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots icon just below the Spotify playlist’s name.
- In the subsequent menu, scroll down to the bottom and tap on ‘Make public.’
- A notification appears saying that ‘the playlist is now set to public.’
Make a Spotify playlist public using your iPhone
- Install the Spotify app on your iPhone or iOS mobile device if you haven’t yet.
- Open the Spotify app on your iOS mobile device’s home screen.
- Open and tap ‘Your Library’ at the bottom of the Spotify home screen.
- Locate the Spotify playlist that needs making public.
- Open the playlist.
- Tap on the 3-dot menu icon beneath the Spotify playlist’s name.
- On the following menu, choose and tap ‘Make public.’
- You will be notified that your Spotify playlist is now set to public.
Q: Can I be able to see who likes Spotify playlist that I set as public?A: You can’t see who specifically follows your public Spotify playlists but you can see how many users follow them.
Q: Will other Spotify users be able to share playlists that I set as public?A: Public Spotify playlists on your Spotify account can be shared by other Spotify users not just on their Spotify but on multiple social media platforms like Pinterest, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Discord.
Users can also copy public playlists to a clipboard, send them through email, or Bluetooth, and even be converted them into a PDF file.
The music that you cherish needs to be shared with the world.
Whether you aim to let other music lovers experience your playlists or have a playlist that earns you a little extra cash, it wouldn’t hurt to learn how to make a playlist public on Spotify.
- Why Is Social Media Bad for Kids? - March 2, 2023
- What Is Social Media Optimization? - March 2, 2023
- How to Use Social Media to Recruit - March 2, 2023