The best feature Spotify has to offer to its 422 million monthly active users is probably the ability to create playlists of your choosing. You can make playlists according to the artist, genre, mood, era, or whatever you deem fit as a category for your Spotify playlist.
This ability to make playlists is a simple yet very enjoyable part of the Spotify experience, yet it could also work as one of Spotify’s most annoying features.
If you have been using the Spotify for a long time now, you have already created multiple playlists that are now quite hard to keep track of, monetize, or even listen to.
Yes, you could always delete any Spotify playlist you want to. But don’t you wish there was an easier way to tidy up your Spotify library without permanently deleting lists you might one day want to listen to again?
Though Spotify does not have a native feature that lets its users consolidate multiple Spotify playlists into one compact playlist, there are a few ways of solving this dilemma.
How? Read on and we will show you exactly how. Help your own Spotify growth and unlock potential monetary possibilities with an organized library.
Table of Contents
Can You Combine Two Playlists on Spotify?
Yes, you can! And in several ways, too! You can combine Spotify playlists using a mobile device, a desktop app, and a third-party app.
This article teaches you how to combine playlists on Spotify in several ways; Android, iOS mobile, the Spotify desktop app, and a third-party playlist merging app.
Learning how to combine Spotify playlists is not a complicated matter. If you know how to copy and paste items, are familiar with your Android or iOS devices, and can download apps from the internet, then you are more than halfway there.
Can You Combine Playlists on Spotify Using the Spotify App on your Desktop PC?
Yes, you can! This method of merging Spotify playlists involves copying and pasting songs and is very easy to do. All you need is a Desktop PC with an internet connection and the Spotify desktop app.
Follow this step-by-step guide if you want to merge Spotify playlists using your desktop PC:
- Install the Spotify desktop app from Spotify.com if you have not already done so.
- Open The Spotify desktop app on your Desktop PC’s home screen.
- Once the Spotify app is open, click on ‘Your Library’ on the left-most menu of the Spotify app home screen.
- Locate the playlist you want to combine with another playlist.
- Click on the playlist to open it.
- Hit Ctrl + A to select all the songs in the playlist.
- Click the right mouse button to reveal a pop-up menu.
- Choose and click ‘Add playlist.’ Choose and click the playlist you want to add the selected songs to.
- You will have now merged the 2 Spotify playlists.
- Delete the playlist you have copied the songs from if you want to tidy up your Spotify library.
How to Merge Playlists With Spotify Using an iOS Mobile Device
How to combine Spotify playlists using an iOS mobile device is very easy to do. You will just have to follow these steps:
- Install the Spotify app from the App Store if you haven’t already done so.
- Tap and open the Spotify app on your iOS mobile device’s home screen.
- Tap ‘My Library’ and locate the playlist you want to merge with another playlist.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots menu.
- Tap ‘Add to other playlist’ and select the playlist you want to merge it with.
- Tap ‘Add all’ to confirm the merging of the 2 playlists.
- Delete the playlist you have taken songs from to tidy up your Spotify library.
How to Merge Playlists With Spotify Using an Android Mobile Device
Merging playlists using an Android mobile device is just as easy to do. Follow these steps:
- Install the Spotify app from the Google Play Store if you haven’t already done so.
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile device’s home screen.
- Tap on the ‘Your Library’ menu option at the bottom of the Spotify home screen.
- Locate and tap on the playlist you want to merge from the list of playlists that appear.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots menu.
- Tap the ‘Add to other playlist’ option.
- Tap on the playlist you want the previous playlist to be merged with. Tap ‘Add all’ to confirm.
- You will have merged the 2 playlists by now.
Whatever device you access Spotify from, merging playlists is as easy as following a few steps. With this knowledge, you will have a tidier and more organized music library on Spotify.
- Social Media Evolution: Tracing the Origins and History - October 2, 2023
- The Power of Social Media Influencers: Top Influencer Impact - October 2, 2023
- Cracking the Code: Understanding and Navigating Social Media Algorithms - October 2, 2023