As one of the best music streaming services, Spotify has millions of songs for its users. But not all songs and albums have great artwork. It happens to everyone to choose the next song they’ll listen to based on the cover photo. If you want to personalize your playlists and albums, today we share how to change album cover on Spotify.
How To Change Album Cover On Spotify: Step-By-Step Guide
Changing an album cover on Spotify is a tricky job! If you hate the existing album art and want to add a custom cover, get ready to go through a lot. First of all, this option is much simpler on your computer because you’ll need to download files. This has nothing to do with your device settings; it simply is a part of the Spotify interface.
The recommended cover image size for the album artwork shouldn’t be smaller than 1500X1500 and no larger than 3000X3000 pixels.
On the other hand, changing a playlist cover image is a straightforward process that usually takes only a few minutes. So how does Spotify show album art? When you create Spotify playlists, the platform doesn’t let you choose the cover photo; instead, it makes a custom mix of the first four albums in the playlist. Therefore, you can either change the cover image by rearranging the albums and songs in the playlist or upload custom cover pictures from your phone or computer.
The process of changing a Spotify playlist cover is very fast and effortless when using your Android mobile device.
- Find the Spotify playlist you want to enhance with new cover art and open it.
- Tap on the three dots icon menu right below the existing playlist cover art.
- Tap on Edit playlist, then tap on the existing photo.
- Now you can choose whether you want to take a photo or want to upload custom cover art.
Another way to set a new playlist cover picture is:
- Open the playlist, tap on the three-dot icon, then the Edit button.
- There should be horizontal lines next to each song of the playlist. Use these lines to move the songs around, and place the one with the images you want on top of the list.
The process for changing a playlist picture on an iOS device is very similar to an Android device:
- Open the Spotify app on your phone, then find the playlist you want to change.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon, then choose the Edit playlist option.
- Tap on the default cover art, and you can choose whether you want to take a new picture or choose from the custom cover images available on your phone library.
- When the changes are ready, tap on the Save button in the top-right corner.
Another approach is the following one:
- Open the Spotify app on your phone and choose the playlist.
- Then, tap on the Edit pencil icon.
- Move the songs around by tapping and holding the horizontal lines on the right.
If you’re using the Spotify desktop version, you can change the album cover or add a new playlist cover. Why would someone want to change the cover on a Spotify album? Well, people love customizing their experience and giving a personal touch to their favorite songs. But, in order to change the cover, you need to download the song.
Change Album Cover
Only premium users can download Spotify music tracks. If you don’t have a premium subscription, you should use a third-party program to download the songs for free. Once you download the song, here’s what you should do:
- Open the song in Groove Music if you’re using Windows.
- Next, right-click on the song and choose Show Album.
- Click on the three dots, then Edit Info.
- Click on the cover located in the left corner, then select a different one to upload.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Mac desktop users should open the song in iTunes.
- Right-click on the song and click on Album Info.
- Click on Artwork, then Add Artwork, and confirm on OK when you’re done.
When you change the artwork, you can upload the songs on Spotify and create your personalized playlists and albums. If your goal is to get more plays on the platform, you should pay attention to every single detail, even the cover photos. Learn how to promote your music, find an excellent Spotify growth service, and your success will be inevitable.
Change Playlist Cover
- Open the Spotify desktop app, and log into your account.
- Open the playlists you want to change.
- Click on the three-dot button, then choose Edit Details.
- Position the cursor over the cover photo, then click Choose Photo.
- Once you do, click Save.
Although changing the actual album cover on Spotify is quite the task, you should do your best to add a personal touch to all your playlists, songs, and albums. Adding a new Spotify playlist cover is much simpler, and you can do it via your computer or mobile phone.